posting.


Violet, you looked so cute today as we were leaving for storytime. Geesh.

Don't.

Ever.

Grow.

Up.

Ya hear? Say, "Okay, Mama."










Well, it feels like awhile since I've really sat down to post. I've been spending most of my time on the computer trying to organize the huge files packed with pictures. I've been working on copying them all to cds, getting them printed for framing in the house...not to mention the huge task yet to be started of printing images we want for our photo albums. I am so bad. I haven't printed pictures in over a year. That is very horrible when you take as many pictures as I do.

Two weekends ago I was able to go away (back to Austin...twice in a month, what could be better?) with some of my girlfriends (check out the pics on my flickr). What a getaway! Nowadays, there's really nothing more relaxing than not having a munchkin to chase around and not having to cook and clean up meals! A grand time was had by all. We rented wave runners and went out on Lake Travis, napped, ate, went to the movies and just kicked it all weekend. We all wanted to do something together before my friend Ruth moves away (next week). I must say that I am so sad. Seriously, I'm not a big cry baby but I can't even think on the fact that this girl is leaving to I start to well up. (She would hate that I am telling you). But, Ruth, your friendship has meant so much to me! You will be greatly missed. I know you hate to be put on a pedestal, and that's precisely what I love about you. That you don't try to act like you have it all together gives me hope...cause I got along way to go! I just appreciate your honesty, your openness with your own life and your listening ear and encouragement into mine. Of course I'm so excited for you guys and all you have to look forward to in Washington. Just know you'll be missed!

















Here's a little more of Violet. She's growing up soooo fast and I must say I really love life with a toddler (is she considered a toddler now?). I like that she walks on her own and tags along as my little partner wherever I go. For example, she went on a Starbucks date with me and Dru's mom who was visiting last weekend. She just sat right at the table with us in her own big chair and happily ate her third of a pumpkin loaf and sipped on water as we sipped on our double shots. She acted like this was par for the course, what any kid her age would do on a Friday afternoon. So funny. Here's a few pictures.
























I just love her in this one! She was playing with her ball, feeling on top on the world 'cause she was in the "big" chair.


























Running away when I pulled out my camera.



























Are we going to the pool yet??


























Maybe if I knock they will let me out.

Comments

Mindy said…
Aw, she's wearing the shirt Uncle Ty picked out! Thanks for the pics---I miss her and wish I was there to see how she's changed. You know, Uncle Ty and Auntie Mindy will have a nice big yard to explore here soon...perfect for little girls.;-) Glad you had a fun girls' trip!
Callie said…
I just want to eat her up. She is the cutest.
Tess Bush said…
Erin she is too cute. It's amazing how fast the time flys. She is growing up before our eyes. I love your blog and the fact I get a little window into your world...
Nettester71 said…
not sure if you have considered doing this or not, but I have found that it is much cheaper and did my photo album for my wedding this way to save some money, but you can use blurb.com to make your albums and get them printed in a hard back or a soft cover album and then you can also allow others the option to purchase the book as well.

Just thought I would share what I found as organizing, printing and putting in a book can be so daunting.

You girl is such a doll.
erin said…
Hi Lynette, I'm so glad you mentioned that you like Blurb! I'm actually working on a book over there of my blog. I've wondered about doing all of our photos that way. So you liked how it turned out? I just may have to do that...thanks!
Janelle Shank said…
aw erin, she is SO cute!
Janelle Shank said…
p.s. has your hair grown since you cut it? ::wink::
Mimi said…
Oh my goodness - I love her little swimsuit :)
Wendy said…
Hey Erin. I haven't tried blurb, but have done books on photoworks.com. They make great easy christmas gifts too...especially for my inlaws who have everything, tee hee.

And your little girl is so darling. Sorry we missed seeing you when we were in TX. Next time.

Popular Posts