freezer paper stenciling.




































I have a new addiction: freezer paper stenciling!!! I made this shirt for Violet from cutting an image out of freezer paper and using it as a stencil for fabric paint. It's so fun and rewarding. For a complete how-to I really like the tutorial in this book or this website. There is also a flickr group entirely dedicated to these products.

Doesn't she look cute in her little onesie? Oh, and Dru put a clothesline up for me (you can see in the photo). Yay!

Comments

AmyB said…
Adorable Erin!!! I've recently become addicted to appliquing onesies. Fun fun, I'm going to have to try this next, LOVE IT!
Mimi said…
That is so cute! Did you free hand the tree?
Kate Thomas. said…
Oh it turned out so cute! Love it
Anonymous said…
hey erin, this is gramma shaw. nice blog
amber said…
It looks so cool hanging on the line. Yay for Dru for hanging you a clothesline.

This is supposed to be an affordable project, but I find myself wanting to buy more and more fabric things so I can stencil them. That can add up! Caroline could end up with way more t-shirts than she really needs. :)
erin said…
Amy- Applique! That's something I'd like to try next!

Megan- No, no free-hand here. The image came from a magazine. I traced it onto the freezer paper, then cut it with an x-acto knife.

Hi, Gramma! We are missing you all this weekend.
hosanna said…
erin, it is so cute. i love it. can't wait to try it.
Bethany said…
Super cute. What fun.
Bekah said…
so cute erin! do you know if you could do this on other things like pillows for example? its soo cute!
erin said…
Hey Bekah,

Yeah, you can do it on any fabric.. Pillows would me cute. I am thinking of trying aprons, kitchen towels, onesies.
Sam said…
WOW! I'm so excited to try this out! Thanks for the inspiration.

Popular Posts