violet's birthday



Our little party for Violet on Saturday was swell. We had family and a few friends over and just had a real laid back time. Wow. I still can't believe God gave me a baby...and to have come through a wonderful year enjoying an easy, happy, healthy girl...it's too much. I just felt gratitude in my heart as I walked through that day celebrating.

If I'm always talking on this blog about how wonderful things are I hope it doesn't sound like oh, life is so perfect and I'm so fulfilled cause I have a baby. Of course, things are not always perfect. I just want to focus on the good God has given me. As I said, I just still can't believe He gave me all I have, and unfortunately there's no guarantee that I will always have the blessings I now have in my life. I want to enjoy and thank God for what I have, knowing that my life's true fulfillment comes from Him- that He loves me and gave me new life in Christ. That makes anything good on earth just the cherry on top!

Okay, back to party details. I made these hanging flowers following directions from marthastewart.com. I loved how they turned out. They were very quick and easy to make but I thought really added something to the house. Other than that we just did streamers and made a big "1" poster for the front door.
































The best was when we gave her her very own carrot cupcake with cream cheese frosting. Well, first, we sang "Happy Birthday". Ha! She was so cute! She just stared back at everyone with a big, pouty bottom lip. She was a little freaked out. Then came the eating. There was no poking or picking at the cupcake as if she didn't know what it was or how to handle. She grabbed that sucker in both hands and started eatin' like a pro! In a calm, calculated manor she totally stuffed her face. When I stepped nearer to help out with the mess she just pressed the cupcake into her chest as if to protect it from me. She did this all with a very serious demeanor. So funny! Of course, when we finally cleaned up and took the last of the cupcake away she had a meltdown. So what else do you do to calm a fit throwing birthday-girl but console her with some present opening?! We moved right along. :)


















I must say she got some great gifts. My parents got her swimming lessons (yay!), I know Dru and I will fight over who gets to take her. Meg got her a little backyard pool. Cal and Tim got her these awesome suede Pumas.


















We got her this little table from Ikea. She loves it.
















My favorite gift that she received just might be this chair from Sean, Katie, and Hosanna. We already own 2 adult versions of this also from Ikea and now she's got a pint-sized version all to her self! Here she is chillaxin' in it as she has done every day since she received it. She's holding a little baby doll that her friend Caroline gave her...something else that we've seen a lot of since Saturday.








She also got this adorable pink and purple tricycle from my grandparents (Noni and Papa). At publishing time I don't have a picture of her on it but I'm sure there will be many to follow. The little bike is so stinkin' cute!





Just wanted to add this picture of my friend Ruth and her daughter Lucy, with V and Caroline. Ruth is moving away in June and I'm soooo sad!!





Well, it was a wonderful celebration. To everyone who came, thank you so much! You all made it so special!

In other news...Violet and I have decided (quite last minute) to head to Denver for the weekend! I have a friend getting married and am so excited to get to be at the wedding to celebrate. My parents have allowed us to ride along with them, Danny and Judy are so kind to put me up (again), and my friend Katie who kept saying "I wish you were gonna be there!" is sharing her room at D/J's with me. Also, I talked to the groom yesterday and (oh, my poor etiquette shames me) he has allowed me to change my rsvp so I may attend. YAY! Thanks, friends! Maybe I'll be seeing you there?

Comments

Jody said…
Erin---all the pictures are so cute, and I love the paper flowers--they turned out great! We will look forward to seeing you and Violet. Tell Dru he'll be missed.
Bethany said…
OH it looks like a lovely party. I love the flowers...might have to steal that idea I was planning on doing a daisy theme party for Adelee's first. I CANNOT believe Violet is already a year old. Wow time has flown. She is such a cutie.

Happy Birthday Violet!!!! Wish you still lived in San Diego and Adelee and I would come down and play with you at the Del Mar park by the Sea!!!!!!!!!
amber said…
I love that you got a picture of the freaked-out-pouty-lip face!
Yeah! I can't wait to see you and meet little Miss Violet!
Mindy said…
I'm SOOO glad you are coming! In fact, you're on your way now! Thanks for the pics of V's bday--they were so cute. Wish we could have been there, but at least we get to see her on the real day!
Judy said…
Love the pic of her eating the cupcake!! Ruth didn't know what to do with hers on her first birthday. I'm diggin' her little table & that chair is adorable... No IKEA around here. Bummer.

I hope the Hotel L suits your needs. :)
Bethany said…
I found the directions for those flowers....where did you get the bags? I think I want yellow and white what size are they
Michelle said…
Looks and sounds like the party was huge success and wonderful memory for all! Wish we could have been there to share in the joy and give a fun girl gift! ;)
Have a fun and safe trip to Denver!
erin said…
Amber- I know! The pouty lip! So glad Katie got that with my camera.

Bethany- the bags are standard lunch bag size. Got the white ones at Target and the pink from a party store. You can get them from party stores online too. Also, I did change one thing from the directions given on MS.com- I had to staple the bags because double-sided tape didn't hold. You just have to experiment around a little but it really wasn't hard to figure out. Have fun! Post pics!

Judy- Hotel L is suiting my needs perfectly.
Jessica Rockey said…
Happy Birthday Violet!!! The party looked so cute! Love the paper flowers!!! I gave those to all the children at our wedding! Brings back good memories!

Popular Posts