snow and other.

It didn't snow in November, it didn't snow in December, not in January, nor even in February. We are six days into March and are having our second snowfall of the month. There's probably already a good 2-3 inches out there and it's just pouring down in huge flakes! Not that I'm complaining. It's very nice. There's something peaceful about a good snowfall. And the weather has caused our plans for the day to be canceled (Dru- work, me- fun) so we've had a cozy day inside and a trip to Starbucks as a little fam.

The snow brings me to want to let you in on a funny little family secret. I can't believe I'm telling this one. Our Christmas tree...it's still here. Yep, it's in the backyard. We tore down the decorations, threw the tree out the back door, and haven't done a thing about it since. Please, don't ask me why. I know it's horrible. All this to say I was just telling Dru how lovely it is to see snow upon the boughs of our tree. I only wish I could say it was still December.

I'm ready for spring. We have a lot to look forward to with Dru's birthday this month and the baby turning one in April.

In other news...Violet is doing this new thing with her tongue. It's only a few days since I first noticed her doing this...but it hasn't stopped. (Click on photos to view larger)





















































Funny, huh?

Comments

Callie said…
Speaking of Christmas trees...maybe ours could have a party together. Our yard or yours? Yup, ours is still hanging out. I think it's still alive. Maybe we'll just use it next year. Save $40. V is the cutest.
Mindy said…
Well, you know what they say...something about March and a lion. Whatever. Please order some warm weather for my visit, I'd like to work on my tan. ;-)

Oh and thanks for the V pictures...
erin said…
Whoa! Are you guys just sitting around waiting for me to post?? I seriously just posted a minute ago and already two comments! I thought there was some mistake.

Callie! Your tree too!?!?! Oh my gosh, hilarious!
Mindy said…
We stalk you...
Nettester71 said…
It is fun to read what you all are doing...thanks for the updates...just read all 3 of yours. :D
Beth said…
I love the tongue thing. Very sweet. It means she is a deep thinker and has to concentrate really hard.
Judy said…
I think the March saying is, "In like a lion, out like a lamb". I hate snow. I don't care what month it arrives in, I'm over it. But, I love pictures of Violet. The tongue thing is funny!
Unknown said…
I've got a chimenea just waiting for a christmas tree party!
erin said…
Dad, do you do pick-up??
Jennifer said…
Yay for snow days! The time before last when I was in the hospital Mike got the day off from school due to snow. It was nice just to watch the snow fall... and Starbucks is always a plus in my book :)

Hope you keep enjoying it :)

Jennifer
Lauren Smith said…
What a blessing to see Little Erin grow up.
I'm in Terre Haute having lunch with Grandpa Ball and he showed me your blog. WHAT WONDERFUL DISCOVERY!
Ein, dru and and most of all Miss Violet,your beautiful.
Love
Aunt Lauren

Popular Posts