you know you want some.














Here's another lentil recipe. This one I've altered slightly from a recipe my Mom gave me. I make this one more often than the first one I posted...it's our "standard" lentil recipe, I suppose.

So, cook 1 cup green lentils in a sauce pan. I just fill the pot with lots of water and let cook (simmering) about 30 minutes.

In a large, skillet-type pan cook 3-4 thinly sliced carrots, 3-4 thinly sliced celery stalks, one chopped onion, and some minced garlic in a bit of olive oil and salt over medium-high heat. Watch out...this is gonna start smelling goooo-ood.

When the lentils are soft, drain water and add lentils to vegetables. Turn heat to med-low. Add chicken broth til stew-like (not too soupy). Add salt, pepper, a bay leaf, marjoram and thyme. Cover and cook on low heat about 10 minutes more to allow flavors to blend.

Serve over short grain brown rice. Serves 6.

YUM-O.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Mmmm... yum! Thanks for all the great recipes! Keep them coming!

Popular Posts