valentine's day is coming.

So...what do you all like to do for Valentine's Day? It's always been a simple holiday around here. I usually don't give it much forethought but as any holiday approaches I suddenly get a bit of inspiration and excitement.

Last week I decided to make some heart-shaped sugar cookies to let the celebrating begin a little early. When I went to frost them I realized I was out of red dye; so they became blue hearts. We ate them, of course, but they didn't feel like true Valentines. :)

Came across this video today. It is just animation to a song from this album for children.
Soooooo cute. I love their music. I played it for Violet and she sat completely still and watched the whole thing. Maybe I can convince Dru that this would be yet another perfect Valentine's gift for Violet (not that he wouldn't want give this to her...he just knows as well as I do that moo-lah don't grow on trees!) Oh if I bought everything I wanted for her...we'd be in the poorhouse for sure!!

I think you won't be disappointed if you watch:



Wasn't necessarily planning on making Dru a homemade Valentine. (Dru, if you are reading, back-it-up brother.) But while Violet was napping today I began to work on this. It's made of construction paper, which I find kind of funny. I got the idea from something similar that Martha Stewart has on her website and of course hers is made with some kind of fancy paper. However, I did not have fancy paper, I had construction paper. It turned out more masculine which is cool. To me, Valentine's Day is a child-like holiday of sorts so I shall embrace my construction-paper Valentine and give it to my man in confidence. He is always so sweet to love everything made with my hands no matter how nerdy, or tasteless (regarding meals), or simple...he just loves when I get creative and try new things (aww, he's sweet).

















On the inside-left and on the back I wrote some words meaningful to the two of us. Some Shakespeare and some White Stripes. There will be more words on the inside-right that only Dru will read :).


Comments

Bethany said…
cute stuff. I usually make cookies for the kids and we make pink heart pancakes for breakfast. I always get them a little box of conversation hearts.
Mindy said…
Aw, I like your card! This reminds me that I was going to write Ty a note...last year I gave him beer, but I think a note is more diet-friendly!
Bekah said…
The lettering wasnt too complicated...it did take a while though...but once I got the hang of it...it was no problem!
Judy said…
I used to ALWAYS make cards for Danny out of construction paper. I don't know why I stopped. We don't usually do a whole lot. I'll get a little treat for the kiddos & a card, then stand there with my arms crossed waiting for my treat. Just kidding. My treat is their love, on Valentine's Day & every day.

Popular Posts