lentils.














I'm on a lentil kick. Once or twice a week I cook with lentils. They're inexpensive, flavorful, and quite healthy- loaded with protein and fiber.

I wanted to share this delicious recipe we tried last week. I promise I won't post any recipes we really don't care for- only the good stuff :). We thought this was quite spicy. Not spicy-hot, but, you know, that kind of spicy. It had a combination of spices that cleared the sinuses; ginger, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander, curry. We thought it could be better if I went a little lighter on the spices next time...maybe less ginger?? All in all, we loved it. Perfect for a cold night.

I'll just post the link. This recipe comes from my friend, Martha. And it's gluten-free, a' course!

Red Lentil and Squash Curry Soup

Comments

Jennifer said…
Mmmm... that looks yummy. I'm looking forward to trying it!

Jennifer
Jessica Rockey said…
Can't wait to try it! I've been on a bean soup kick... Poor Davy's not crazy about beans or soup... but I'm wearin' him down!

Did you use it for a meal or a side? Looks de-lish!
Judy said…
Yum, looks good. I love me some lentils. Hmmm mmmm.
erin said…
Thanks y'all. Hope you like it. Jessica, I make lentils as a main dish, really as a meat replacement to save a little cash...since they're a protein I still feel I'm serving a balanced meal. I just pretend I'm vegetarian for a day!
Katherine M. said…
Erin, Sharon B. told me about how good your gluten free brownies are. When you have time, would you mind posting the recipe. Thanks

Popular Posts