craftiness and the funny thing about blogs.

The funny thing about having a blog is you can say whatever you want; talk about your best achievements and no one ever need know about the hum-drum. For example, you can post a picture of some crafts you did and leave everyone thinking you're so Martha when really you just have a friend that held your hand and got you all inspired and then showed you how to do everything. Or you decide to make a gnome doll and it just kind of works on the first try even though you avoided only by the skin of your teeth a million mishaps along the way. Both of these things have happened to me. I also often write run-on sentences that become quite confusing.


I'm not a super crafty person. I like art and stuff, but it doesn't just flow out of me, you know? However, I find alot of satisfaction in making something useful or drop-dead adorable with my own hands.


I didn't make my bed today. I haven't finished Christmas thank you notes. But here are pictures of some things I have accomplished recently. The scraps and mess from these projects are still sitting on a little table in the corner of our study. But did I make some nifty kick-but junk?? You betcha.

Marble magnets.











My friend Amber introduced me to these through this blog. We loved how they turned out. SO did everyone to whom I gave these for Christmas. Or else they just flattered me. Basically you glue the marble onto an image (we took ours from magazines), cut out the marble with image, and glue a magnet onto the back. How easy is that? The image becomes sort of magnified and looks way cool.

I made a second baby gnome doll. I gave baby V the first one but it really was just a trial run. This one I made just for her. I made the hair to match her own with light brown felt. I made it pink and sewed a heart on the front. She loves it. Seriously, she looks at it, smiles, hugs it, looks at it again, smiles, hugs. I loved making something just for my girl.














This concludes our show-and-tell for the day. If you've made it this far with me, thanks for reading. I've been wanting to post for awhile but I'm tired, I'm cranky, it's been a long day, and I have much to do before the day is done.

Comments

Mindy said…
I like my magnets! And I love the new gnome doll. Seriously, my children each need one, whenever they happen to arrive. (Even the boys---boy gnome dolls...I can see it!)
erin said…
Mindy, I actually have some new and improved, stronger magnets sitting here ready to be mailed to you. They are blue and golden brown so hopefull they will match what you got going on over there. Are the ones you have strong enough to hold anything?? Hopefully your new ones will be on their way soon. :)
Bethany said…
Very cute doll and great magnets. My bed is still unmade too and the dishwasher needs to be emptied and..........

Love your craftiness even if you think it is just in spurts. Great stuff.

She is getting so big and as always adorable.
Jennifer said…
Good job! Your projects turned out great!

Hugs to you.

JL
Anonymous said…
It looks like she really likes the doll too! Good job super mom! Your inspiring me to get crafty.
Mindy said…
Umm...no, they don't. At least not anything I've tried. But they look cute!
erin said…
Ha ha, okay, they'll be there soon!
Judy said…
I love the magnets. Maybe I'll try that. That gnome doll is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love the picture of Violet snuggling with it.

I have to say, I am not crafty at all. Not one bit. I am not artistic, not creative, not crafty. Maybe that's why I like reading so much.
Judy said…
I love the magnets. Maybe I'll try that. That gnome doll is just the cutest thing I've ever seen. I love the picture of Violet snuggling with it.

I have to say, I am not crafty at all. Not one bit. I am not artistic, not creative, not crafty. Maybe that's why I like reading so much.

Popular Posts