The laptop has officially died and on it's way down it has taken my flow of blogging creativity (or lack thereof). It's funny, Dru and I have both noticed that we are on the computer much less now that we have to (God forbid) get off the couch and walk into the study to use the computer (we are very blessed to still have the desktop which was given to us when we got married). There were many conveniences to having the laptop right there in the living room. I could feed the baby in one arm and use the other hand to browse the internet, or click around in the kitchen while waiting for a pot of water to boil. But I suppose it was a blessing and a curse and we have noticed our time together in the evenings to be of a bit more quality and less distraction.

None the less, I feel I have less time to be blogging as the computer is not within arm's reach. Funny isn't it the things we get used to? And then I'm calling something as handy and amazing as the internet "inconvenient".

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents and our friends the Baileys. It was cold here (I think in the 30s) which is always welcome on the holidays because it makes inside that much cozier.

Hey, hey, hey, it's the most wonderful time of the year!! We got our tree on Monday so I've been deckin' out the house. Here's a few pictures to get you in the spirit...

Here are my little forest trees I got on Black Friday last year for a STEAL!









































The tree!!























A real family heirloom- our star we bought our first Christmas together. Target. $9.99.






















I enjoyed seeing pictures my friend Tess posted of her favorite ornaments. So I was inspired to do the same. I am BIG into a colorful tree. I love vintage or vintage looking ornaments of all shapes and sizes.














































One word. Jetsens.























I always save a few glass balls for a bowl or vase.





















One of a couple kissing balls we have around here.






















Tonight I am going to try to take a picture of the lights outside. More then...:)

Comments

Mindy said…
Oooh...kissing balls! I like all your decorations--can't wait to see them in person.
Kate Van said…
cute ornaments and that brownish color on the walls is beautiful. yes- isn't target the BEST!
Judy said…
Merry Christmas! That' a good idea taking pics of the ornaments. Maybe if I wasn't so lazy, I would do that too. It would require me changing the batteries in the camera though.

Popular Posts