Christmas...Violet's first!

My Christmas was wonderful. Tyler and Mindy were in town and we all celebrated at my parents' house. Dru's parents will be arriving on the 31st and we'll get to celebrate all over again with them. Whoo-hoo!

I feel so rich having my little girl. She did great on Christmas day (as far as not being too cranky) and was just so much fun for me to be with. Christmas is so much more fun with kids!! I can't wait til she's even older. But even at 8 months she did like the wrapping and loved all her little gifts and fed off our excitement. My family was so generous and bought her so many fun things.

As I am enjoying my girl I can't help but think of friends of mine who have lost a little one this year, or who want children but so far haven't been able to get pregnant. I know something of what it feels like to want children and not have them but could not possibly imagine having a child die. It's difficult to even think of that for a moment and I share in the sorrow of those who are suffering from their loss over this Christmas. It's hard not to be fearful. But I want the source of my joy to be from my Savior, knowing that He gives and He takes but His love and goodness never change. And whether I have or have not, I can be fully happy in Him. I don't mean to take a happy Christmas post and turn it into a downer...it's just a reality that's been on my mind alot lately, Christmas is a painful time for anyone who has lost someone, especially a child. I want to enjoy every minute with my girl with thankfulness for this gift keeping in mind that she will be mine for only a short while (even if she's here in my house til 18 or 25, it's still a short time!)..and that really she is not mine at all, that she is Jesus' and I can trust that He loves her and will always take care of her whether I'm with her or not. I want to keep reminding myself that my hope is who He is not what I have.

But with thankfulness to God for how good he has been to me this year, here are a couple pictures of our Christmas celebration...

Love this picture. My parents got her this rocking horse. Such a classic, baby's first Christmas kind of gift I thought.

















Auntie Meg put her in the box of gift wrap and a bow on her head. She was pretty much in heaven.















Oh, there we are. The happy couple on Christmas morn'.
















Check out those teeth! She's smiling because she feels so proud standing. This is her newest big thing. She loves to stand "independently" while holding on to the couch or a table. So cute. She doesn't crawl yet but she has gotten quite adventurous lately with the assisted walking and standing. She seems to desperately want to walk. Ahhhhh! I'm not ready for my girl to be that grown up!!!

















Hanging out with the fam.

Comments

Katherine M. said…
Erin, What a wonderful post. I love the picture of her smiling so big. What a doll-baby!
Kate Van said…
Merry late Christmas! Thanks for the cute card/picture!
Tess Bush said…
I'm at work....hard to get back into things after a long break...feeling blah today...I read your blog and it made me smile. I love seeing your sweet girl and I love hearing your heart. Erin thank you for sharing you life! It warms my heart to see you so happy! Merry Christmas dear friend!
Love You!
Kate Thomas. said…
cute pictures! Thank you so muc for you care these past few days! You are so sweet.

Popular Posts