a post on what we've been up to.

I think of things all the time to post. And then I think of all the other things I should be doing. Laundry, calling to check on a friend, laundry, shower, feed the dog, laundry, let the dog out, let the dog in, give the baby a bath, get her in clean clothes, soak up some poop, give another bath, change her clothes again, get spit up on. Maybe we should take a walk, maybe I should vacuum this week, ahh, I should catch up on that book, or should I read my Bible? Post a blog, love on my girl, make dinner, no clean up breakfast first. No feed the baby first...she's screaming, opps all the bottles are dirty.... Ahhh, the tug-of-war, aka: life. Don't get me wrong. I love it 99.9 percent of the time.

As my first year of blogging is almost up it makes me think of what I've been posting and what our year has been like and if the two are something of the same. Mostly for the sake of family record keeping. So when my kids are adults and they think I'm just a crazy-person (from time to time) they can look back and be reassured that I was, sometimes, sane. And, you know, just for happy memory keeping.

Violet looks very cute today. So cute I had to take a picture, just because she's that cute. She's wearing pink and green camo pants. She spit up on her shirt and pants as soon as I got her dressed (see previous paragraph on my life). So I attempted to get an angle where we don't see the wet spot. She's looking very grown-up these days.























Okay I have to share this veggie shake I've been drinking...credits to Dr. Oz. Sounds gross, but don't be deceived. It's sweet and spicy and refreshing and filling...oh yeah, and healthy. Really, I think you will like it. I'm on a gluten-free diet now, because of food allergies which equal me not feeling good. I was actually eating gluten-free when I got pregnant with Violet after being infertile for almost 3 years...so I believe it's totally a need for my body if I want it to function the way I expect it to. I really do feel tons better when I avoid gluten. Anyway, in going back to gluten-free I am eating alot more fruit and veggies...which I should be doing anyway. Recipe is as follows:


















spinach (handful)
parsley (smaller handful)
celery (oh, 1 or 2)
ginger root (a few slices)
an apple or pear
half a lemon
some cucumber

Give everything a chop-chop and throw it in the blender. Eventually it turns to liquid, and you can add ice too. This is the yummiest way to eat raw veggies.

The weather has finally taken a turn and has cooled off a little here. It's beautiful outside and feeling like fall. It's got me thinking of Christmas, my FAVORITE season! I love the Christmas spirit. I'm thinking about gifts and food and parties and decorating and taking a family picture and all that fun stuff. Can't wait! But first comes Thanksgiving, then my birthday, what a great month November is.

Last thing, I made this baby gnome doll that I'm so in love with right now. I found someone online who makes these by hand and got inspired. Introducing Baby Gnome #1:
















So there's my little post on what I've been up to.

Comments

Callie said…
It's So cute!!! I still wanna see it in person, but I love it. The side smile is the best
Mindy said…
Oh, I love the gnome doll! Very cute! And, for some reason that is so un-Mindylike your shake actually sounded good to me...though the look reminded me of a juice my mom used to drink that we kids referred to as "duck water". Maybe I'll try it...
amber said…
Wow, when you said it only took about two hours I was expecting something less detailed--how cute that gnome is! I wish I could sew . . . (it's on my list of things to learn). :)

I can remember when there were decisions to be made almost every split-second. "She's hungry--oh no--all the bottles are dirty" totally hit home! I think I have it easier now so just because I can call while I'm thinking of it doesn't mean you necessarily should. You have your hands full with baby commando cuteness--love the outfit--and you're doing a good job.
meg said…
i think you should make it a tradition that Aunt Erin makes baby gnomes for all our kids.
violet reminded me of you in that picture because you always seemed to wear polo's (if it wasn't a leotard) and her mouth is just like yours when you were litle. cute
erin said…
Mindy- duck water? Do explain. Yes, try the shake...tell me what you think. And in response to your comment on my last post...I can't WAIT for you guys to get here!

Amber, I don't have to tell you mothering is alot of work. Someone telling me "good job" means the most on this job than any other, so again, thanks for your encouragement!

Meg, Yes, I want to make the gnomes my tradition. And funny thing about V looking ike me in the polo- the first pic I took her collar was all messed up and so was her hair. And I got this image of "bad attitude Erin" with my collar sticking up and hair sticking out on that homevideo. Needless to say, I made necessary adjustments and re-took the picture. Ha!
Bekah said…
First of all...Violet...SO CUTE! Loving the camo pants...and the polo...too cute! Second...gnome doll...totally cute! Love the side smile...I think it should be a tradition for Erin to make these for friends who are practically family...like me!
Mindy said…
Well, we had ducks. And they had a pool. And their water would turn green like that after a few days. So we called the green juice "duck water" cause it looked like it had been scooped out of the duck pool. Gross, I know.
Anonymous said…
Hi Erin! Violet is so precious- wish I could be back there right now to give her a squeeze! You are an amazing mom and it was so fun to spend the past week with you.

I can't believe you already finished the doll. It looks adorable! I definitely think I should be on the list to get one. :-)

That veggie drink was surprisingly delicious, too (in a healthy way, of course). Lots of love-Sharon
meg said…
wait mel, i thought that juice really WAS from the duck pond...
Michelle said…
Violet is SOO cute and BIG now! She has to stop growing! Can't wait to have a turn holding her when we come visit right before New Years!
The drink and gluten-free thing sounds interesting...we must talk. We want more babies but I can be tempted to fear infertility again...
And the gnome doll just made me smile! Totally random, and yet...cute! I don't think Rob would be okay with the boys having a "doll" right now...maybe when a girl comes along (Lord willing) you can add us to the list of blessed recipients!
Diane said…
I think it is funny that no one commented on your green drink. I am trying it this morning.
Jennifer said…
Wow- that's what you call an update! I love your gnome doll. Violet is looking so big and grown up- where does the time go? I just want to encourage you with the oh-so-many-things-to-do-what-do-I-do? thing. I am there all the time. I remember in particular after having Libby feeling like that. How do you spend your time? What should your focus and priorities be in that moment.... Just be encouraged... if you're loving God and serving your family... the rest kind of comes together. Don't feel bad if dishes or laundry doesn't happen...Sometimes though I find when I pray and seek God he directs my day... and sometimes, I will still feel uncertain. You're doing a great job Erin. Keep it up. Keep your heart fixed on God and love Him and the rest will follow. You know the whole seeking His Kingdom first and all those things will be added unto you. I'll be praying that God helps you step by step with how to spend your time and where to focus.

Rooting for you!

JLN
erin said…
Wow, I never would have guessed I'd be so encouraged thru blog comments! Thanks everyone. Hope you liked the drink, Mom...and Meg and Courtney. JLN, thanks for relating...sometimes that's the best encouragement! And for helping me put my focus Godward...it all does kinda fall into place when I strive to please Him in all I do.

I appreciate everyone saying they like the gnome. I didn't expect it to be such a hit but you've all got me motivated to get the production line goin' again.

Love ya'll.
Bethany said…
MMMMM. I want to try the Green Drink. I saw Dr. OZ talking about that. I have a cookbook from Dr. Roizen that has a lot of those types of shakes in it too. He is the one that writes all the You books with Dr. Oz. I am glad you wrote this one here...now I know where to find the directions. HEE HEE.

Violet is looking super cute...she is getting so big.

Your doll is adorable.
Judy said…
Hmmmm, very green & very veggie-ish. Yum. I may just have to try it. I love the doll, that's so cute. How did you make it? Do tell, do tell. Violet is adorable as usual. It's so great when you can pick out their clothes without them arguing with you, because before you know it, they will only want to wear a pink tu-tu & the same Disney princess shirt day in & day out. Not that I would know anything about that.

Popular Posts