happy birthday....to me!

Today I'm 24. It's a cold, dark and rainy day. But that's okay. It's been a very special birthday so far. Violet and I stayed home from church because she's got a cold and I knew the runny nose wouldn't fly in the nursery. Dru was gone for seven hours...that's how long he's at church when he does set up and tear down for our service. It really was the happiest cause V and I just hung out in our jammies all day. And she really was very good. After breakfast she usually plays for awhile, has another bottle then takes a nap, but today she decided was not a day for taking a nap, it was a day for being with Mama. All I wanted was to go crawl back into bed so she willingly came along and played in the pillows (one of her favorite games) while I lay there enjoying her. It was bliss. I made myself eggs and had 2 pieces of pumpkin pie (minus the gluten-ous crust).

My parents had a birthday lunch for me on Friday with all the fam. I'll post more on that later. Our laptop is down and that's where all my pictures are...(praying we get that situation resolved as all the pictures since V's birth are in that computer...I've been meaning to back it up..intentions, intentions). Dru took me shopping on Friday afternoon and bought me stuff. I love shopping trips and buying stuff. Stuff isn't everything, but man, it's sure fun to have.

Tonight my parents are going to watch Violet and we are going a wine bistro to hang out with some visiting friends from San Diego.

Just wanted to post an update while I have a minute. I hope to post on Thanksgiving and some things I am thankful for...when I get the chance. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

One thing I'm grateful for is cute kids books. Anyone out there into Lauren Child books? Charlie and Lola? Dru is reading Violet the Hubert Horatio book...love the pictures and the writing...so cute.

Comments

Jennifer said…
Happy Birthday Erin! Glad it was a chill day for you. Sounds so fun. Especially being in bed and enjoying your sweet little one. We love Charlie and Lola around here :)

JL
Mindy said…
Happy it was your birthday! Good job eating lots of pie. Love you!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday my little Ray Ray.
xoxox

Aunt Mare
Tess Bush said…
Happy Birthday (a little late)
Miss you!
Lauren said…
Happy belated birthday Erin! I'm so sorry I wasn't around to celebrate with you. Hope it was enjoyable and relaxing.

Popular Posts