six months old.

Yep, here we are. Six months of the girl. I can't believe she's mine and that she's already six months old. I know, I say that probably every post :).

So I took her to her well baby check up at the doctor yesterday. She's a healthy girl. She's 97th percentile for her height...so she's gonna be tall like her mama. And she's 75th for weight. Dr. B always says she has beautiful skin...I know that's from her daddy. Her eyes started out light blue and are now light brown/grayish. Her hair is slowly getting thicker...I can't wait for it to get longer!!

We started solid food today- sweet potatoes, yum-o! She did pretty well. I think she likes them but it takes patience as she learns how to get it down. Tonight, avocados. I think I'm going to stick with those two for awhile. I'm not doing the traditional rice cereal thing. I believe in whole foods over processed and my doctor is very supportive. I'm reading/using the book First Meals by Annabel Karmel given to me by Jen Troyer (thanks, Jen!) and it's been really helpful...check it out!

I know God has been so good to give us a healthy girl so far. For that I am very thankful. The days are long, tiring and busy but I'm truly happy, content and grateful for all I have...not just a baby in my life but my Savior who gives me the truest, deepest joy whether I have or have not.

There's the update! We love our girl!

Comments

Bethany said…
Awww. It does go so fast...especially the first year. Savor each moment
Judy said…
It really does go so fast... Before you know it, she'll be running around blabbing nonsense that no one but you can understand... Not that I would know about that or anything.

Popular Posts