flickr...and the life and times of Violet Eve.

Okay so I just added the Flickr photos on the left there. Check it out. Still have to upload more pics but we're off to a start.

Life has been good but busy. I'm sick...again. Need to get back to taking my vitamins!! I'm enjoying every minute with Violet. She's got many cute things going on currently. She's started to be a snuggler. When they're newborns I suppose they're snugglers cause they haven't much choice otherwise :)...but now she will grab ahold of me and lay her head on my shoulder releasing all her body weight into me. Love it. She's most like this in the morning and evening.

She's also big into that separation anxiety thing. When I went to her most recent well-baby check the pediatrician gave me the regular info on my baby's growth stages and nutrition. At the top of the page it says:

"At this age the typical child:
May be displeased or cry when a parent moves out of view (Separation Anxiety)..."


Aww, not my kid. I thought. Hmm, yeah. I would describe what Violet does exactly the way the hand out did. She may even be perfectly happy without me in view, but if I should pass through her happy habitat, bringing myself into view and then out of view, she looses it.

About that visit with the doctor. It's already been a month now since we went or her 4 month check-up. She was 15.1 pounds (80th percentile). She's been healthy since.

Oh yeah, she laughs now too. At Margot. Our dog. She will giggle again and again as Margot does the most simple things like walking, sitting, scratching, sneezing. And Dru and I dance around the room with funny black and white striped squeaky toys and are lucky if we get so much as a smile. Haha. Actually she has been laughing at more than just the dog now...but for awhile it really was the only thing that got her going. Very cute. And when she's upset, some Margot time always cheers her up.

Well, this was supposed to be a quick post about the new pictures...it's not late but I'm tired...so that's it for now.

Comments

Mindy said…
Awww...I want to cuddle with Miss Violet Eve! Your mom posted videos of her for me the other day--she is so cute! I can't wait to see her!
erin said…
Thanks for the love, Min-Min.
Judy said…
She certainly is a cutie. I like that she laughs at the dog. That's funny.
Katherine M. said…
Erin, Rebekah's little boy Duncan is a cuddler too and also loves to laugh. His favorite words at 13 months are: "dog", "cat", "oh oh spaghettio", and "da da". He actually says "gog" for dog. Rebekah is a very playful, joyful mom. I always thought your mom seemed to make time for you guys and having fun. I remember she'd let you off school to play outside in the snow; then, she'd make pancakes and cocoa for you when you came inside. I think I made my girls work till 3:00. If I could do it over, I'd spend a lot more time playing and cuddling with my kids. You are coming to Virginia too, aren't you? LOL
Solange said…
hi Erin!! Hope you are feeling better!! I would love to see you on Friday if you can. I invited Megan for lunch, Do you want to join us???
please let me know! Love you

Popular Posts