finished built-in.

I'd nearly forgotten to post on the finished product! Dru finished the built in bookcase about 2 months or so ago. Okay, I won't brag on my hubby...you check it out for yourself and tell me this ain't amazing for a first-timer! :)

I will say to you, Babe, I'm so proud! I love, love, love, the job you did! I wish I could always take it with us wherever we go. Thank you for personalizing our home and making it so special. Please erase from your mind all the complaining I did during the time-consuming process and start thinking about your next project: a sleigh bed, perhaps, and a matching dresser??



















Drawer and cabinet fronts were made by a carpenter friend of ours...to whom we are quite grateful. Dru did the hardware and made the functioning drawers on his own though.


















I have 4 double-wide file drawers!! Yaaaaaaayyyy! I love filing! File, file, file!




















Four drawers behind one of the cabinets.























You can see we still need to paint hte walls to cover the overspray from the stain.

Comments

Lizzy said…
Gorgeous!! Way to go, Dru!!
abbey said…
WOW. I'm impressed! It's beautiful.
Tess Bush said…
this looks amazing!! Great job Dru!
Mindy said…
Gosh, it looks great! He'll have to give his bro-in-law some carpentry lessons once we get a house!
It is totally amazing. Do you think he would switch out golf lessons for carpentry lessons? I am really impressed. He could be like Ty on one of those home makeover shows!
Bethany said…
VERY VERY NICE!!! I am showing Aaron HEE HEE.
Judy said…
Wow. I will be showing Danny as well. Very good job Dru. A+!!!

I remember when Danny did our floors downstairs, I think he probably couldn't take another minute of me breathing down his neck, saying, "WHAT?!?! You're going to take a BREAK?!" Ha. I don't think so. He finished them anyway & he still loves me.
Jody said…
Very well done, Dru, turned out very beautifully!
Michelle said…
OH my goodness! There are gorgeous! Rob will be so jealous when he sees them! Want to do it again Dru? How much will you charge a poor family returning from the PC...?
No really, great job Dru! Amazing job!
Anonymous said…
Erin,
I really think Dru would like to make some shelves for our study next. Please know that we are available any time and the best part is that he can do it for FREE! Spending time with friends and perfecting his carpentry skills at the same time...what a deal! hee hee

~Susannah~
Anonymous said…
Amazing Dru--

i'm just now seeing the shelves! way to go! this truly is imago dei (image of God) stuff--from the guy that can make brew AND bookshelves!

rob

Popular Posts