gloomy.

Been a bit of a gloomy morning here. Instead of the bright morning sun we had gray skies and now there's thunder and rain. The house is dark inside and that always makes me feel a bit down. To add to it I just finished a sad book...one of those that just hangs on to you for awhile, and Violet has had a rough morning. I put her down for her nap and she cried for awhile which is unusual for her at this time of day. I went back to her room to check on her and she just had that horrible "I'm miserable, Mama!" cry. I picked her up. She stopped for a moment and looked into my eyes. But after only a second out pops the quivering bottom lip and she begins bawling again.

Nothing is particularly wrong or troubling, it's just feels like "one of those days".

Though my eyes are a bit puffy and the day has had a rough start there is an unfading hope in my heart. I never have a feeling of utter hopelessness or emptiness or despair. A verse comes to my mind that explains well the reason for this from 2 Corinthians 4. Verse six says, "For God who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ." Then verses 16-18: "So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us as eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

Thanks be to God for Jesus Christ who loves faithfully and even on dreary days gives me "Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth, Thine own presence to cheer and to guide, strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow, blessings all mine with ten thousand beside"! (I'm quoting Great is Thy Faithfulness again...maybe it's my favorite?)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Erin!

Been thinking of you. Thanks for your honesty. It's kinda been one of those days for me, too, so thanks for your encouragement! I'll be praying for you.

Love you!
Shar
Lizzy said…
Thanks for the beautiful post, Erin. Thank you for sharing your heart with your friends/readers.
Judy said…
Thanks for the post... I myself have been having "one of those days" for the last two days. Indeed.
Jennifer said…
Hope your day is brighter.

JL

Popular Posts