he gave in.



I promise I haven't even asked or begged :).

I found these super-duper cool diaper bags online while I was still pregnant with V. I showed them to Dru but we never talked about them after that conversation. They're kind of expensive yet just sooo functional. And I do think when you have babies that money spent on function is worth every penny! I didn't want anything to diaper bagish looking and never found anything else I liked. I ended up just using my LL Bean tote or a backpack because that's what we had. Then we traveled to Colorado and Dru got lots of time up close and personal with the backpack...and all the baby necessities that go along (yeah, a few bottles spilled...so what?).

A couple days after we arrived home and Dru was (supposedly) at work, he calls me, and he says, "You can't use a backpack for the baby anymore. I'm at such and such baby store. Go online and pick out the Ju Ju Be bag you want." More than that he bought it for me it blessed me that he even remembered!

Side note: we've been doing the cash system lately. You know, at the beginning of each month we pull out the cash we've budgeted for every category (except gas, online bill paying etc.) and use only that. Before, we would plan on spending the same amount we do now but gosh, you know, when you use plastic it just feels more like there's always money there for ya :). Instead of over spending each month we've ended up with a little extra thanks to sticking rigidly to only spending the cash we have. Kind of fun to be surprised with that little extra for stuff like this that we would never have just been able to run out and purchase at the drop of a hat.

I'm loving the new bag. It's helped make everything easier and more organized. It's not a must-have, just a wonderful luxury!

Comments

Diane said…
First your Chi, now your Ju Ju Be Bag, that boy is getting good at spoiling you! Good job Dru!
Leslie said…
Love the bag...i had no idea you had a blog and then I found you... little violet is so cute!!! Now I can keep up with you!
Leslie
erin said…
Hi Leslie... Yep. Have a blog. I love hearing about you guys through your blog. I know I've commented there before but maybe I hadn't signed in (making the link appear). Anyway, it's nice to be in touch. Hope you guys are doing well! :)
Bethany said…
Did you pick the one you posted? Is it worth the money? I am using the one from the hospital and it is so hard to carry. My old bag is disgusting after two kids. So give me the scoop. What do you love anything you would change.
erin said…
Bethany, I did pick the one I posted. Of course, I've never owned a diaper bag before but I would say it's been worth the money. Mine was on sale a little and you know, their not completely outrageous...I'm just used to Target purses and such :). Fav things about it: wide strap with memory foam pad- sounds rediculious but my shoulder has ACHED before from carring heavy bags...and it stays in place better over the shoulder and hangs well over the stroller handle. Thermal bottle pockets on outsides- easy access and I pump often so I always have bottles with me. It's nice that I can keep 2 bottles cold w/o icepacks and it means V and I can be out for a longer strech of time. I also like the light colored inside (easy to see everything) and the mesh interior pockets (easy to see, again). Last thing: I like that it's spill resistant inside and out. Bags get dirty fast so it's nice I can wipe it clean yet not ugly plastic covered.

My downside: It's obviously a diaper bag. It doesn't look like some trendy tote I picked up at Urban Outfitters..but I've kind of gotten over that. I've got a baby with me after all so who am I trying to fool?? I didn't find anything with so many helpful features. And even though I've had it for only a few days, I've received compliments everywhere I go on how cute it is.

Also, it's almost like there's too many pockets. If you're organized you won't have a problem but I've found myself having to look in five places before finding where I tucked that pacy :). But once I have used it more I will probably be more consistant with where I am putting each item and then I'll know right where to look.


There you go. Hope that helps. It's nice that alot of specialty baby stores sell them so you can go check one out in person before you buy. Have fun and let me know what you decide!
Jennifer said…
All about diaper bags- too cute! isn't it fun to be surprised like that?!

JLN

Popular Posts