fridays with my friends.

I love Fridays. Every week V and I go to my friend Ruth's house. So does my friend Lori Ann and my friend Grace and her three children. Ruth makes us coffee with her french press and homemade pastries without fail every week. The kids run around and play. Sometimes Violet laughs at the kids playing, sometimes she sleeps on Ruth's bed, sometimes she cries. Ruth is the most relaxed, peaceful, inviting hostess...not minding at all that we make it look like a tornado has blown through!

We get together and talk. We pray and and encourage each other. I feel I can say anything and never be judged. I feel I can speak openly as they never wear masks over their own lives. We are reading through a book together on changing and growing as Christians. We usually discuss what we are learning in our reading...but there is always time for deviation!!

I feel so rich having these friends...they truly make me want to walk with God as I see the peace and fulfillment they have with Christ. Some seasons God gives us close girlfriends and sometimes not. Since I've been married I haven't had close married friends like this...and there will probably seasons in my future where I will not be blessed like this. I hope that my contentment is first in God in times of rich friendship and times where I am lonely. I thank Him for this and for the times I've had without close friends because He has faithfully used both circumstances to deepen my relationship with Him.



Lori Ann stylin' in her glasses.














Gracie-Rae!





















Our fearless and faithful host!























Eros will have naked bodies; friendship naked personalities. -C.S. Lewis

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love your writing. I feel like quitting my job and having times like that. But..and everybody I know has a big but...we want MORE PICTURES OF ERIN!! MORE PICTURES OF ERIN!! C'MON EVERYBODY!! MORE PICTURES OF ERIN!!! Love, Grammy Sally
Anonymous said…
erin, i couldn't have said it better. thank you for capturing how i think we all feel. you are a gift to me! and no, that quote is awesome. let's strive for the highest level of platonic intimacy...naked personalities! I love you! gracie rae
Bethany said…
that is so great to have such good friends
Diane said…
Yes, you indeed are blessed. May these girls be lifelong friends for you no matter where you are. You never know who that friend will be that you keep up with for forever. I am so happy for these women in your life.
hosanna said…
Erin
Isn't God good?! I was sitting in church today, thinking how blessed I am to have you as my friend. I love you dearly and am excited to be growing closer and closer...
h
Jennifer said…
Dear Erin, you are so blessed to have friends. I miss having friends where I live. I have friends throughout the States and the world but not so many where I live. I will pray that God will give you many, many sweet, refreshing, encouraging times with them. I'm tempted to be jealous but know that God is drawing me to Him in the midst of my loneliness and is using it for my good. Maybe someday I will have some mommy friends to hang with again. Treasure your time together!

Hugs, JL
Judy said…
Very well put... Thanks Erin. By the way, I'm glad your MY friend.

Popular Posts