travels.

We got home on Sunday from a trip to Colorado for my brother's wedding. Beautiful wedding and just a good time. I wish I had more pictures to share. I'm kicking myself for not pulling out the camera more at the wedding itself. Dru and I were both in the wedding plus, of course, I had my baby to take care of (though I did have help!), but I guess the last thing on my mind was the camera. Anyway, maybe I'll be able to post some more pictures from my mom or sister.

Traveling with a baby is stressful. Not just being on the plane but there's so much thinking ahead that has to happen when you're not in your own house. Violet cried alot. But it went so well. I say it went well (even though it was stressful and she cried alot) becuase, well, she's a baby! I expected her to have a bit of a rough weekend...I just loved having her along and being with my family and friends.

Here's what made it great:

Violet met her Noni and Papa (my mom's parents) for the first time.


She also met her GG (great-grandma aka my dad's mom) and her husband Bill. Violet was especially delighted that her GG fed her delicious milk while Mama was out partying on the dance floor.


Of course, seeing these two wed made me happy:







Dru brought Violet out on the floor for their first dance when "My Girl" started playing. What a Dad. Too sweet, huh?







I loved seeing my dear sweet friend Meg. We became friends when I was thirteen (It's been ten years! Crazaaay!) and we both lived in Colorado. Then I moved away to California. I think we talked on the phone every single day for 2 years straight. Since then I've moved to Texas and now she's in California but we still talk couple times a week. Fun times meeting up for a wee little weekend.


Good times seeing our friend Scott too. Here's Scott and V.


We had a lovely stay with our friends Danny and Judy. Though we hardly knew each other they were kind enough to let us move in for the weekend. By the time we left (don't tell anyone) they said we were their best friends. Really though, we had an awesome time. Dru and I felt totally comfortable (too comfortable?) in their house, got to drive their van all over town, had fun with their kids (they were all so sweet with V), had good talks and wished we could bring them home with us. I never got to take their family picture so I'm going to have to steal from Judy's blog :).


That about sums up our marvelous weekend. I've been working on this ever so slowly over the last day and a half. So I'm ready to be done and get this thing posted! A big congrats out to Ty and Mindy! So happy for you guys!! Hope you're having fun in California *jealous smirk*! Thanks for having us in your wedding and for the party bus..hoot, hoot! Here's a few more pictures...


Okay, well, that was a ton of pictures...

Comments

Judy said…
It was just plain fun, wasn't it? So glad you guys bunked with us. Super time, super pics.
Mindy said…
I'm so glad you all could come! Thanks for posting pictures--its so fun to see some!

Popular Posts