It's been a long time comin'...


After much dreaming, planning, and penny saving, Dru has purchased all the wood and materials and is beginning to build a built-in bookcase for our home. Yay!! I'm so proud of him for tackling this! It's his first time ever doing any kind of wood working but I have total confidence in him. He has spent HOURS drawing up plans, doing the math, reading books, getting advice, and writing out step-by-step directions for this project. They will be cherry, wall to wall bookshelves with cabinets and file drawers across the bottom. He has spent the last 2 weekends cutting and sanding the wood. Here are a few pictures of the very early stages, well yeah, just plain ol' pieces of wood but hey, we're excited about this junk! I'll post more as they come along. Oh, he also built the cool work tables you see in the picture!





Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow! We're impressed...Dru appears to be a bona fide architect/ woodworker!! Way to go, Dru!!
~ The Kordays (o:
Anonymous said…
Very impressed with your ambition to tackle such a project. I still remember the excitement created when Ric did our built-in bookcases in our VA Beach house. You will love it, Erin. Ask Danny about his dad's projects around the house when you see them.

Love you guys,
See you next Thursday - Yeah!

Kay
Bethany said…
Very cool. I love my handy man here.
Anonymous said…
OK, now I'm here!! But Dad is in Terre Haute, so the love tape is real, real long, and then it's like a stapler when he calls! Dru, where did you get your organizational skills? They're FAB-ulous, and I'm amazed! I'm pretty sure you got your "skills," your genius, as well as your craziness from my side, and your good looks from Dad's side. Hey! I have a genius cousin! Go to charlielawing.com He's a cartoonist and a professor, and he's my baby cousin, age 49. He has lots of skills, too! I try to keep busy when Violet isn't here, so I'm sorting old pictures. OK, this is not a comment, it's a letter. Well, I really laughed at the sticky love tape. Tape up Violet for me!! XXXOOO Mom Ball

Popular Posts