SO life....

...with baby. It's been 5 weeks since Violet's birth. Sure, they all told me it would fly by, but it's really flown by. Her first month was the fastest month of my life. Sometimes she looks different in the morning than when we put her to bed the night before. This morning I swear she's a pound heavier than she was yesterday. It's so sad that some of the little onesies and jammies that fit perfectly or were big when she first came home are now getting too small for her. In some ways I can't wait for her to get older and to play with her, take her to the park, hear her say and see her do funny things...but I already miss my little newborn and hate to think that with as fast as this month has gone that in the blink of an eye she'll be six months or a year...yikes!

I feel like I'm getting settled back into our new life. At about a month I guess I started to feel like we're getting this thing down. I felt more energetic and just that I'm getting comfortable with how this little girl works...what she needs, when she needs it, why she's crying etc. It's a HUGE blessing that she's sleeping so well at night. Since birth, though she eats pretty regularly every 2 1/2-3 hours during the day, she only awaken once each night to eat and then goes right back to sleep. I think God knew that's all I could take! :) I feel so sleep deprived just being up with her once each night (and I'm actually sick today...seems like I'm just so exhausted it's run me to the ground). And even though she's just up once, we still are going to bed later and getting up earlier than we were pre-baby. Anyway, since she sleeps so well at night, we decided to let her sleep in her own room earlier this week. It was a little hard the first night. She felt so far away!! But it's fun too to have her sleep in there, and feed her, rock her, and change her diapers all in her own room after the work we've put into making a nursery for her. And it's wonderful that we can all sleep great and enjoy each other a bit more during the day! :)

Speaking of the nursery...it's just about done...I'm waiting on one thing I ordered online to arrive then I'll post pictures and tell all about it. I love her little nursery!! Can't wait to show it.

I love seeing Dru as a daddy. One of my favorite things is hearing him talk to her over the baby monitor when I'm not in the room and he doesn't really know I'm listening. Sometimes he just breaks out into a laugh and I know she's making a funny faces (this girl and her faces!! Are all babies like that??).

Violet's had more visitors too and I've wanted to post these pictures...all special people in her life!

First, Uncle Tyler (my brother) and Aunt Mindy came to visit:


alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5071524526340544594" />

Also, the sweet family that I was a nanny for during my pregnancy came-Kelly and the kids Austin and Amberlee. I love hearing Amberlee say "baby Vi-o-wit" :).



And last week, my friend Jami came up from Austin:



Okay, and since she's just so stinkin' cute, I gotta post another one of Violet. Here she is enjoying being all wrapped up in a warm, fuzzy towel. And they say newborns don't smile- ha!

Comments

meg said…
haha, she's SO cute! i like her. yes she's definitely my favorite baby
Anonymous said…
She seems like such an alert little one, like she's 3 months ole or something! Cutie pie!!!

Jen P
Judy said…
Oooooo! So, so cute!!!

Time does fly doesn't it??? Enjoy it! :)
Callie said…
I LOVE that last picture! Can you email it to me?? Thank ye...
Bethany said…
Awww she is so cute. It does go quickly. Wish I could say it slows down the older they get but it doesn't. I still cannot believe my Sethie is graduating kindergarten. Enjoy every moment.
Mindy said…
Oh, she's so sweet! I love the towel picture! I miss that girl!
Jenn said…
It's so wonderful to hear you enjoying God's grace in your new season of mommyhood - Isn't He good, Isn't He kind, Hasn't He blessed us time after time?

Popular Posts