Wedding Anniversary


Today's our anniversary...4 years! I can't believe it. I'm married to my very best friend. I'm married to a guy who thinks I'm hilarious even though everyone else knows I have a terrible sense of humor. And married to a man I had to beg to stop being so funny when I was pregnant and would laugh so hard I'd get terrible stomach cramps! I'm married to someone who's hot! Hotter than when we first met! I'm married to a man who tells me, "You're such a good mommy" when I get up to nurse my baby in the middle of the night. I'm married to a guy I've seen cry 3 times: 1-at church, grateful to God for His grace in his life, 2-half way through my pregnancy, so happy to have such an amazing gift, 3-after Violet was born while explaining to me that he hopes we can do just one thing for our baby- to give her the gospel and help her know that her only hope in this world of hardship and pain is in Jesus' love for her. I'm married to a guy who loves cuddling and tickling and sleeping in the guest room or on an air mattress in the living room just for the fun of having a slumber party. I love him more than anything in the world and I love him increasingly more each day and year.

It didn't start out as love at first sight for us. We met through a mutual friend at a church conference and had lunch together with a small group of people. He only remembered me out of charity...I seemed to be shy and someone who didn't have any friends (ha! whatever!! :)) so he thought it'd be really great of himself to talk to me and make a point to remember my name. And six months later when we met again I thought it was the first time...I didn't remember him AT ALL from our lunch! Sorry, babe. Shortly after that, we lived in the same city, started hanging out alot and became really close friends...soon it was head over heels L-O-V-E and we got married only 3 years after we met.

Our relationship isn't flawless. We've been through some hard times and brought each other alot of pain at times too. But I'll tell you...there's nothing that brings two people together like true, deep forgiveness. There's been rough times but going through the difficult times has been a binding glue for us. Being able to see the not-so-pretty side of each other, and having God's help to love that person anyway, has brought us into a deep love and appreciation for each other that I never could have imagined possible in any relationship. Dru has done this for me much more than I have for him.

Four years has gone by so fast, as I'm sure I'll say of all the years to come as well. I feel rich, absolutely rich, to have had such an amazing husband and friend in my life these last 4 years and will appreciate every single day I have with him in the future. I love you, Dru. Happy Anniversary, babe!

Comments

Bethany said…
Oh Congrats!!!! What a sweet tribute to Dru too.
Katie Virginia said…
Happy Anniversary Erin and Dru!
Thank you for sharing all of that Erin. I got teary eyed :)
I'm grateful to God for His faithfulness over the years, particularly today as I think of your wedding day and the fact that it is now four years later and you have baby Violet in your lives. Amazing!
I hope you three have a blessed day!
Lots of Love!!!!
<3
Anonymous said…
Ahhhhhhh......how sweet. Last night I was looking at all the lilacs in Jody's back yard and remembered it was your wedding anniversary - Happy A, eh! I will always remember your wedding day and the lilacs - they are my favourite flower. Remember the huge snow storm the night before??

Love you guys, can't wait to see you.
Judy said…
Happy Anniversary!! Isn't love grand? Really, I mean it. :)
Mindy said…
Wow...four years! I was 15 years old when you got married! I love hearing how God has grown your relationship over time--its encouraging to hear how He's given you grace through difficulty and how its brought you closer to each other. (and to Him) I'm so glad that Ty and I have you and Dru (And Violet!)in our lives...
Mindy said…
PS--See you tomorrow! Yay!
meg said…
happy anniversary:) i love you guys. thanks for getting married four years ago- i can't believe it's been that long! What you wrote about Dru is really sweet, Erin. What a good wifey
Unknown said…
It is wonderful to know how you feel and to see the activity of God in your lives--He is so faithful--and it is wonderful that you are able to articulate the joy you have experienced as you have allowed yourself to be clay in the potter's hand. Thanks for expressing honor where it is so fitting. Love, Dad
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing. You are truly blessed to be able to articulate with such clarity and honesty... especially during a time of having to deal with all the hormonal changes/struggles of just having Violet. Congrats and may God continue to bless you, Dru and Violet!
~Susannah~
Anonymous said…
Erin, thanks for being so encouraging towards your great hubby- it make me want to express to my babe the same things. I am also blow away at God's goodness to bless us with marriage. Give baby Violet an extra kiss for me!
Katy V.
Jennifer said…
Congratulation! I always love hearing people's love stories... and how even through difficulties, their perservance has pulled them through... God's grace sustains us and His forgiveness helps us to forgive. Hope your day is wonderful!

Jennifer N.

Popular Posts