No Baby Yet! Another Update...

I'm still pregnant! Thought I'd do another update though since we getting close! I went to the doctor on Monday and she says my body is "ready" and we're just waiting for things to get started. My due date is actually this Tuesday...I thought it was Wednesday. We scheduled an induction for Thursday the 26th- one week from today. Of course, I'd really like to go into labor on my own before then but my doctor doesn't want me to go much past my due date if things don't progress here in the next few days. So my prayer is that I go this weekend!! I just don't like the idea of being induced so much because it's not "natural". But am I ready to have this baby?? Yes! And I feel good about the timing of the potential induction. When I was in on Monday she said we could induce that day if I wanted...so I'm giving it 10 days from the point my doctor feels it's quite safe.

Either way, we're gonna have a baby here in the next week! Now that's something to be excited about! :) I'll definitely post when I go into labor, and keep updating here. Thanks everyone for all the prayers and encouragemnt. It's fun to get to hear from so many of you as I post baby news!

Comments

Mindy said…
Can't wait till she is born! Praying for you--you're going to do great!
Bethany said…
I will be praying that it happens on its own...but if you do have to be induced I have had it both ways and I know inducing is hard for some but it was wonderful for me...Jude was induced. It was a little weird driving to the hospital in no pain knowing in a few hours I would have a baby in my arms. But other than that if you are ready things will progress as they should.

Pregnancy is and event in our lives where we have to trust God. I tell all my friends that. We are out of control. There always seems to be some aspect of it that forces us to give up and trust God...be that in conceptions, miscarriages, scares from tests, and even our views of the perfect delivery. So trust God that he knows what is best for you and Violet and that no matter what happens it is His plan for you and you will grow or learn from that plan.

I can't wait to see your little girl. You will all be in my prayers. Big Hugs
erin said…
Thanks, Mindy. You're so sweet! Baby Violet will have a wonderful auntie :).

Bethany, what a good reminder. I WANT to be exercised in my trusting God but sad to say I haven't really just handed this over to him...but now it is easier...I want Him to take it. It's releiving to know He's in control. I just makes life so enjoyable!
Katie Virginia said…
wow! I'm so excited for you Erin. I'll be praying and checking regularly for baby news :)

Love you!
Judy said…
How exciting! I have to say, I really liked being induced. I was induced with Nicholas & Ruth. Both of those labors were very uneventful & went great. Ok, great as far as labor is concerned. They still hurt like nobody's business. :) Like Bethany said, it is weird getting up, taking a shower, driving to the hospital knowing that in a few hours time you'll have your baby!


All in good time, all in good time! Can't wait to hear more. We'll be thinking about you.
erin said…
Yeah, I think I'm getting more comfortable with the idea of being induced. It's nice to hear other people's stories...the first couple of people I told were really against it...that's hard to swallow when it's probably what you're going to end up with. In some ways I think it would be really nice to be fully prepared, like having the house all clean, bags all packed, everything planned out. It'd be fun though to be "surprised" by labor too. Either way...I have alot to look forward to this week...meeting my little girl! Thanks Judy!
Judy said…
Hey Erin! I think it's fun to be surprised, but it's fun to be prepared too. I had both experiences & like I said in my comment, I prefer induction. I think a lot of people are against it because it's not natural, but you can still keep it natural. I had both Nicholas & Ruth naturally, no drugs, & they were induced. People will give you their opinions & you just have to thank them & go about your business. Wait till your girl is here, the opinions start coming in full force!! :) Do what feels right for you!!!

Popular Posts