Desperate Times, Desperate Measures





So I've been trying to break Marggie's bad habit of napping on the furniture. For some reason though, she just hates snoozing anywhere else. I've given her a bed out in the living room but it just isn't as good in her mind. She's often trying to sneek up there (on our furniure) and I'm often telling her to get down. Last week she resorted to the guest room...I guess she thought I'd never know she was having a nap on the guest bed, and it took me a bit longer, but she was discovered.


Anyhoo, I had this laundry basket sitting in the middle of the chair and had already made her get off the couch. After staring at the basket from the floor for a few minutes I guess she decided that desperate times just call for desperate measures. She jumped up and settled right in squished up to the basket and looking quite uncomfortable. And you know, she looks too dang cute! For an entire half-second her very evil side is completely erased from my memory. How can I possibly kick that sweet face off????



Comments

Anonymous said…
You can't possibly kick her off the couch! You just have to vaccuum the furniture more. She is too, too sweet to not have a nice soft high vantage point from which to view her kingdom!

XOXO
Aunt Mary
erin said…
That's exactly what SHE thinks....and I buy it most all of the time. I just can't figure out why she's always so well behaved for Dru and never takes me seriously!!!
Anonymous said…
Oh dear, it is the alpha dog mentality. I went through the same thing with Sadie Mae. They are pack animals with a definite pecking order of authority, and in her mind, from top to bottom is Dru, Margo, then you. You can actually find books about it but the re-training is harder on you thean the dog, especially if, like me, you think of her as more of your child than a dog.:)xoxo

Popular Posts