I made a new year's resolution. I don't really think I ever have before. It's to read through the Bible in a year. Now I know I've never done that before. I've tried and unsuccessfully quit in Genesis. How lame is that? Nothing makes you feel like such a failure as making a resolution or goal and quitting about 1% of the way through. Yeah, I've done it lots of times.

I'm on track so far...and it's Jan 22! Whoo-hoo! I'm following this reading plan that has you start in 4 places throughout the Bible and you read through a little everyday from each spot, rather than heading straight through. It makes it a little more interesting, I suppose. I have 2 friends going it with me which helps alot. I thought it would feel something like drudgery, but I've actually really enjoyed all the reading so far. I'm learning tons already that I didn't know...or forgot and am getting a big dose of encouragement along the way.

Maybe we'll go out for a steak dinner or something at the end... :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Erin! It's MaBa! I like your articles, and its an easy way to keep up with pictures. Now I guess I'll be forced to send you my pictures by e-mail, too..ooohhWUH! Dad's at a men's conference, dogs are keeping me company. Love to all of you! Mom
erin said…
Hey MaBa...thanks for the comment. Hey we got the pictures and other in the mail. It's all fun, fun...thanks! oh, why the old wedding pic? I love it!

Popular Posts