Happy Mama

"He gives the barren woman a home, as the happy mother of children." Psalm 113:9


I don't consider myself someone who was barren, just because I think of that as not being able to conceive ever in one's lifetime.



But we prayed for a baby for 3 years. And I definitely wasn't sure I ever would have a baby. But the day after I found out that I was pregnant, I read this verse and cried. I was overwhelmed with the thought that God had done this, he had done it for me becuase he cared enough to bless me and to want to make me "happy". It amazed me so much.




Our little girl, Violet Eve, is due in April and we couldn't be happier...duh! This belly picture's from today....I think I'm about 28 weeks. Violet's doing great and so far I've had an easy, healthy pregnancy. Now we just can't wait to meet her!




I've been working full time until this week, now that I'm off I'm working away at planning the nursery and getting ready for baby. A few weeks ago I found an adorable bedding set online that I just fell in love with. (see the picture?) And guess what??? My mom and sisters just bought it for me!!! I have to wait until the shower until it's officially mine...;) but I think I'm allowed a sneak peek when it arrives for the purpose of picking paint colors and decking out the rest of her room...definitely!



Okay, now that we're pretty current on the baby stuff I'll be wrapping up this post for the day. I'll keep updating though as time flies by. Dru and I have the tv on (The Office....rerun) so my attention is divided. Thanks for checking out my site! Leave a comment and say HI!






Comments

klterp02 said…
I love the cute preg-o picture! You look so beautiful and full of life as they say. Can't wait for Violet to arrive.
(hopefully I'm posting this comment correctly, as the screen popped up in German...who knows why???)
erin said…
Hey Kristin! I'm reading it in English so everything checks out ;). You should totally start a bog of your German adventures! We love getting the pictures already and hearing about everything. Thanks for stopping by!
Anonymous said…
Aww babes, I'm so happy for you.

<3 LB
erin said…
Oh Liza Bean, you know you're the best ever.
Bethany said…
Oh I love that bedding...I remember seeing that one when I was preggers with Jude. Too cute.

Popular Posts